Facebook has released an update for their mobile app for the Android platform.
Android users can now use the front facing camera of their devices to take photos for sharing on the network.
There are also enhancements related to the Facebook Messenger component.
• Facebook for Android 1.9.7 requires Android 2.2 and up
• A front-facing camera makes it easier to take photos
• New messaging features let you switch between conversations, include friends of friends, share bigger photos, and see who’s available
• Various bug fixes
• Made a security improvement
• Faster app login and navigation
Facebook for Android version 1.9.7 adds a feature that allows users to take pictures through the front of the camera. This feature will enable user to take photos, especially photos themselves.
The updated features are also present to move the conversation, share your great photos and see who is available. Facebook is also speeding the process of logging and navigation. This update requires an operating system Android 2.2 Froyo up.